|Opening speech and toast by Lord Frederick Winsor|
The 8th Annual BritWeek Los Angeles was launched last Tuesday, and will run until May 4th in Los Angeles.
|British Nr 3 London Dry Gin menu served w Fish & Chips|
Stars attending the opening at Hancock Park mansion included Seal, Jason Isaacs, Jo Frost (Super Nanny), Cat Deeley, Jenna Elfman, Catt Sadler and many more.
They gathered at the outdoor garden at the Consul General’s Residence for a spectacular Midsummer Night’s Dream party sponsored by BBC Worldwide, Boots, Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows and The Times of London.
|Stilt animator at BritWeek's opening|
|left, Brit Consul Chris O'Connor, Sharon &; Bob Pierce, Tom LaBonge w Nigel Lythgoe|
Britweek 2014 program include the fifth annual BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards, which were announced April 23rd at Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills.
|left, singer Seal with British Consul Chris O'Connor|
BritWeek Chairman Bob Peirce presented world-renowned British DJ and music producer, Paul Oakenfold, with the 2014 Creative Fusion Award. The evening was sponsored by Virgin Atlantic.
Andy Bird, Disney International Chairman, provided the keynote speech, celebrating highlighting the important of creativity and innovation in the business world.
|left, BritWeek board member Michael J Krycler w singer Steve Cooke & wife Sandra|
The 2014 winners of BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards announced April 23rd were:
- HEADSPACE (Social Impact) – a digital health platform on a mission to improve the health and happiness of the world.
- Industrial Light & Magic (Technology) – serves the motion picture, commercial production and themed attraction industries. Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, it is the leading effects facility in the world, with offices in San Francisco, Singapore, Vancouver and London.
- Innovate Product Design (Business Services) – specializes in helping individuals to take their new product ideas to market, providing low cost patent protection, design, prototype and marketing know-how all in-house.
- Alexander Purcell Rodrigues (tied for Design) an award-winning, LA-based interdisciplinary design studio, driven by the diverse creative background and talents of its founder, who studied at Cambridge University in the UK and Art Center College of Design in Pasadena.
- Cubic Transportation Systems(tied for Design) – a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions.
- Other finalists included: Lynda.com and PixelMags (Business Services), Focusrite & Novation (Design), Deltex and Starlight Children’s Foundation (Social Impact), Vyclone and DTS (Technology)
|Right, actress Brit Ekland w friend|
BritWeek will continue its ode to the 450th anniversary of Shakespeare with a one-night-only performance, BritWeek’s Evening of Shakespeare, Music, and Love, presented by Beverly Hills Wealth Management, on April 25th, featuring 20 acclaimed actors (including Ioan Gruffudd, Jane Seymour, Malcolm McDowell, Michael York, Sophie Winkleman, and others) performing the Bard’s best world. On April 26th, the BritWeek Robertson Shopping Stroll, presented by SoCal MINI Dealers and hosted by Mischa Barton, will draw thousands out to the iconic, luxury shopping district on Robertson Blvd for in-store events, special offers and fashion previews and givaways.
That same evening, April 26th the BritWeek Christopher Guy Design Icon Awards will once again celebrate the huge influence of British creativity, honoring this year the world-renowned interior designer Nina Campbell.
|Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe 2014|
|left, Stephen Wong, actress Ashley Bell w mother|
The festival will feature a preview the new F-TYPE Coupe from Jaguar, mini-makeovers from Boots, the famous British gecko from GEICO.
At this dog friendly event will you be able to take your pup for a stroll down Walkers Shortbread doggy red carpet, travel to London with The Times of London and get your picture on the front page of the iconic British newspaper, and explore Scottish heritage and tradition with St. Andrew’s Society.
|McVitie's Digestive Biscuits, most popular British, made of 60% wheat and wholemeal|
For full schedule visit www.britweek.org.
|Daylight, people at BritWeek LA's opening reception|